To design custom, creative t-shirt artwork and business logos for imprinting onto a variety of promotional items and apparel based on customer specifications. The Graphic Designer is also responsible for handling design tasks for Industrial Nameplate including but not limited to drawing industrial labeling parts.
The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop) and other Mac-based computer software
- Create original designs to be screen printed onto apparel based on customers’ specifications
- Create original business logos based on customers’ specifications
- Correspond and interact with customers to identify design needs via phone, email, or walk-in appointments. Hold consultations directly with customers and describe design ideas in an understandable (layman’s terms) manner.
- Revise artwork to customer’s specifications with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Keep current and knowledgeable of trends and innovations in the field of apparel production and fashion
- Provide proofs for customer to see various products with logo and/or design
- Work with marketing to continue company branding guidelines and ensure branding is consistent and on target
- Proofread and ensure quality and correctness of designs prior to print
- Design industrial parts according to customer’s specifications/spreadsheets/ samples/engineering prints
- Assist Customer Service and Marketing with various tasks as requested
- Keep a tidy and organized work station
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Graphic Design or Art field preferred. Relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a related field of design.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Knowledge of design principles with ability to create custom designs with technical and design expertise
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and approach to job and group responsibilities.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of graphic design programs, typography, composition, color proofing, and print processes.
- Must be deadline oriented, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Able to handle rejection and provide solutions to design issues and customer requests.
- Detail oriented, able to proof-read, and prioritize tasks.